Saturday 13 April 2013

Day 0… Thank you

As I write this last post, I am still buzzing at the realization of what I have just achieved. It may not be much for you dear reader, but for me, this is big and might just be the start of something new.

During these last 40, I have discovered a lot about myself about food and about life.
The experience has thought me that whatever you start, your first motivation must be the reason you are doing it and your number-one cheerleader must be YOU. Many will promise to join you on the way, but will find ways to stay away. Those you value are sometimes the first to shout you down or fail to encourage you. Just a handful of people will truly stick and follow your progress.

You must also know that failing is never the end of it all and you must therefore try your best in everything you do. Some may try to discourage you along the way, but you must know your reason for doing what you are doing. Above all, commit whatever you are doing to the Master.

As I write this, this blog has had 1033 views in 40 days. How amazing! And you are one of those thousands plus. So THANK THANK YOU.

Thank you to @joriejay (Jora), to @mimicaroline (Kemi) @radiogeyser (straight talk Luke) @audigeist (Sharon) and @lisamainwaring (food lover Lisa) my biggest cheerleaders and guinea pigs. I didn’t want to be the only on saying the food was good so, I have shared some of them at work.

Here is a video that have recorded for you all; the tooth fairy owes me some cash…lol

The charities I mentioned are:

 “Les Enfants du Nde”: this charity is my family charity and it is now 10 years old. It was originally created as an excuse for us to link up all every 3 months, but soon enough the £ collection got too big for our gatherings an feastings, so we decided to do something in the back villages of Cameroon where our ancestors were born and now buried. We have since financed (and staffed) some public toilet in Bangoua in Cameroon in the Bamileke territories. We have also created some public water pumps for the poorest to use. We have sent medication to those villages’ hospitals and notebooks to primary school children… to see more please click here.

The Desmoid Tumour Foundation & Research. I have suffered from a recidivist desmoid tumour my 20. Very few people suffer from this, but it can be very dangerous if not treated. Mine left me lightly disable… read more from here.

ASLAN based in Waterloo London. It is a homeless charity created by Allsouls church London where I lend a hand from time to time… see more here.

Nightwatch is my local charity. I lend a hand as much as possible 2 or more nights a month. It is a soup run service for homeless people in my town. We prepare and distribute soup to rough sleepers & those who cannot afford food. Donations come from churches, local cafes including Pret-a-Manger, or individuals. More here.

CRISIS. At Christmas, when I am not travelling to see my family, I do few shifts there during the festive period. Click here

If you can, where you can, please support those charities; donate cash, clothes, food, or time. I believe that I have been spared to help and I do what I can. How about you? Where can you help?

Thank you again for keeping up.
 
back to normal breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment