Tuesday 12 March 2013

Day 9…. The best breakfast combo yet

 Today I had to go to a restaurant again. I must say, I really feel sorry for Real vegans and vegetarians. It must be a torture for them to go out to dinner. People think that they can only eat cardboards and grass… WHAT IS UP with that? The restaurant I have visited today had very few or barely options for vegetarians and vegans. It must be even worst if they can’t cook for themselves…
Forgot to say graces again.

At the restaurant, I had salad leave for starters, more salad leaves on a bigger plate topped with lukewarm roasted vegetables… Well, my verdict boring, boring, boring. No desserts option available to me either. I wasn’t paying so, had to seat through it. I don’t think I will go to that restaurant again!

Anyways, back to today! I had an eureka moment with my concoction this morning and it turned out to be the best so far excluding the weekend fry-up.
I did warn you that I was going to try until I get the best out of that darn oatbran at breakfast! So, here it is!

Ingredient:
3 table spoons of mornflake oatbran
½  mug of rice milk
1 table spoon of dry raisins
1 table spoon of pumpkin & sunflower seeds mix
¼ of pomegranate jewels
2 kiwis


Method:  in your bowl, combine oatbran, rice milk, raisins, seeds. Stir to make sure that the melange is well covered in milk. Put the bowl in the microwave for 4 minutes.
In the meantime, deseed your pomegranate, peel and chop the kiwis keep it aside until your microwave pings.

 Check that the mix is cooked to your taste. Leave to cool down for a minute then throw in the fresh fruit melange.

Can you tell? I have enjoyed it.
Don’t blame me if you don’t like it, If you don’t something must be wrong with your taste buds.

If you’ve got other idea, please share and I will try them.

Et voila! Bonne nuit!

4 comments:

  1. Josy Costa Aragão via Facebook:
    your recipes sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeniffer Mwangi via Facebook: wao that looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette via twitter: I had vegetable stir fry in whole meal wrap for dinner, doing my best to be healthy, not quite to your standard yet though lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon Harriott via twitter: You're perfecting the oatbran breakfast!

    ReplyDelete